VMware Cloud Community
5mall5nail5
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vRA 7.4 Enterprise deployment - embedded vCO?

Hi all - in the past when I've used enterprise deployments with NSX load-balancing I've had external vRO instances to define as endpoints.  For this implementation I am looking to leverage the embedded vCO for obvious reasons.  How does one configure this in an enterprise instance considering vCO runs on the appliances?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Use the VAMI to start the control center. You only have to do this on one node. Changes made to a node will be replicated to the other(s).

View solution in original post

5 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

First, it's no longer vCO but now vRO. I know what you meant but the acronym implies a version range.

Since vRO is embedded, it's all one instance because it gets clustered with the café appliance. NSX is now built in and not a separate endpoint, but for the functionality that is in vRO it works just fine.

0 Kudos
5mall5nail5
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Ok great -yeah sorry about the misnomers - they still refer to it as vCO in services in VAMI.

That said, if I want to enable the vco-controlcenter where would I do that, the primary node?  I'd like to configure vRO user/etc. so I need control center enabled and all - will changes made in the embedded control center replicate between the two nodes?

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Use the VAMI to start the control center. You only have to do this on one node. Changes made to a node will be replicated to the other(s).

5mall5nail5
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks again Daphnissov - now I am getting around to load balancing the embedded vRO instances w/ NSX LB.  I found docs on LB'ing external vRO but I know there's slight differences (ports, mainly) with embedded.  Do you know of any links that cover load balancing the embedded vRO instances?

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

There isn't a separate VIP for the embedded vRO. Everything is sent through the reverse proxy on port 443 so the VIP is the same as the front-end.

0 Kudos