VMware Cloud Community
Enter123
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vRA 7.4 Determine approver from request - add additional approver?

Hi,

currently we are using "Determine approver from request" for our approval policy. So logged in user has an AD attribute "manager", and that manager will receive email with approval request. All works fine. But is it possible add on the request form a textbox where a user can enter email for the second approver? And the request email goes to that second approver who can approve it?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Would you really want to do that? It doesn't seem like a very good idea. What if the user picks himself or his buddy which don't have the authority to provide secondary approval? In my opinion, I wouldn't suggest you do this. You could create a secondary approval step that always goes to a specific address so you get around this.

0 Kudos
Enter123
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Not really, people can abuse it easily. But I am thinking how to approach this.

Currently we have "free text" to enter secondary approver email, but people usually put their manager's manager. My manager puts me sometimes as approver because his manager is not available.

So it is trust based. Maybe it would be the best to add "secondary approver" checkbox, and if selected, approval email goes to my managers manager too. And my manager's manager should be determined from an AD user attribute.

Thanks for response

0 Kudos
michael_stefani
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How exactly are you making use of the free txt field for that second approver section?  I was toying with the idea of something similar, but instead of free txt using a calculated field via orchestrator action.  When you select "determine approvers from request" I don't see a way to just pick a field off the form to use.  My only options are the default ones like Business Group, Requestor, Requestor's manager, etc.

0 Kudos