VMware Cloud Community
Jeremy_VE
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vCAC Advanced Service Blueprint, VCO Linked Clone Workflow, setting timezone problem

So I'm having trouble when requesting a catalog item built from a VCO workflow in VCAC.  I'm using the VCO workflow "Linked Clone, Windows with Single NIC and Credential" located in VCO under vCenter >> Clone >> Linked Clone >> Windows Customization.  I can run through the workflow just fine in VCO, but I want to make it available via vCAC.  When I try to request a VM using the workflow, the request process fails during filling out the form in the TimeZone section of the form.  There appears to be a problem with vCAC querying vCO to do the search for the appropriate TimeZone setting.  The query works fine from within vCO, but not from within vCAC.  Thoughts?

Jeremy

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jeremy_VE
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I ended up using a vCenter Customization Specification to accomplish this.  Turns out that the specification is like a safety net that will configure everything that is set in the specification UNLESS there's a custom property configured on the blueprint for that setting.  If this is the case, the custom property takes precendence.

Jeremy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jeremy_VE
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Update

I'm using vCAC 6.1 and vCO 5.5.2.1

Found this in the Release Notes for vCO 5.5.21:

Issues with REST API enumerated types

If you send a GET request to https://orchestrator_host:8281/vco/api/catalog/Enums/enum_type/, you receive an error message of the type HTTP Status 404 - ch.dunes.model.sdk.SDKFinderException: Unable to execute 'fetchAll' for type : enum_type.

This prevents searching for enumerated types by using the Orchestrator REST API. However, running and validation of the presentation instance or workflow run is not affected if you provide a valid SDK object type, for example:

<parameter type="Enums:MSTimeZone" name="inEnum" scope="local">

<sdk-object type="Enums:MSTimeZone"

href=https://orchestrator_host:8281/vco/api/catalog/Enums/MSTimeZone/125/ id="125"/>

</parameter>

Is this basically saying that there's an interoperability bug between vCAC 6.1 and vCO 5.5.2.1?  I'm not trying anything fancy here.  Just trying to use the built-in vCO workflow to deploy a linked clone Windows VM with customizations and call that workflow from a vCAC ASD form.  The break down is when a user completes the "Time Zone" field within the ASD form and vCAC submits the text to resolve the input text to a Time Zone ID for vCO to use in creating the vCenter Customization Spec.  This process works fine from vCO itself.  However when vCAC tries to perform this action I get the error listed above within vCO.

Thanks,

Jeremy

0 Kudos
Jeremy_VE
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I ended up using a vCenter Customization Specification to accomplish this.  Turns out that the specification is like a safety net that will configure everything that is set in the specification UNLESS there's a custom property configured on the blueprint for that setting.  If this is the case, the custom property takes precendence.

Jeremy

0 Kudos