VMware Cloud Community
pizzle85
Expert
Expert

using dynamic type object properties as default values in ASD form

I have a Veeam Job dynamic type that is provisioned as a catalog item in vRA. I created a resource action that takes the job as input and runs a workflow to modify the job. In the ASD form i want to display the jobs current settings. I configured all the fields i want to allow the user to edit (all string items that are text boxes) and can get it to display two default entries. Upon configuring the 3rd (of about 12) form fields with a default from "Job > property" the form fails to open with the error, "Connection timeout. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator." I have extended the vRO timeout value from 100 seconds to 180 seconds and extended the vRO object cache from 30 seconds to 300 seconds. Neither change has made a difference. The dynamic type was generated using the latest version of the Dynamic Types Plugin Generator tool. Performing this same operation with a VirtualMahcine object returns all the form field defaults i need (i set 10 in my test) in about 3 seconds.

Does anyone have this working or have any suggestions to make the lookup faster. Im assuming the connection is timing out waiting for the formatted response for the third form field and by that time the vRA > vRO connection is timing out. Im already using a custom action to set the properties for the dynamic type in vRO...

On another note, i havent seen the connection timeout error occur in more than 60 seconds from the time i click the button to open the form...

0 Kudos
0 Replies