VMware Cloud Community
ronaldod
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

post upgrade issue: no existing subnets that match the specified IP address

After upgrading VRA 8.6.2 to 8.11.2 i have a weird issue.

Deploying a windows template with customization profile gives the following error:

No placement exists that satisfies all of the request requirements. See 'Request Details' for more information.
Original Task Error: 'Allocation filter error: Unable to find a common placement for compute 'a computername' and its associated network resources on region '(redacted)[/provisioning/resources/provisioning-regions/a guid]'. Reason: Network filters: network profile data [[Network profile name [redacted],document link [/provisioning/resources/network-profiles/ a guid],subnets [network-name-redacted]]],network interface IP assignment [STATIC] allocation failed: network profile [redacted] has no existing subnets that match the specified IP address [redacted].'

Works as a charm before.

A linux deployment on the exact same network is ding fine.

This problem is happening to all different vCenter servers. And the happens at the allocation of the machine. Not the network.

Has someone a clue ?

And yes the subnet is in the network profile.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ronaldod
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It needs now a ip range configured in the network profiles. And even when you give up in the template a static ip address it will use that range and reserves one.

I want to add later infloblox but it looks like i need to delete the old objects first (vm whom using ip's from that subnet) and the i can integrate infoblox. Not what you mean a great solution. And why is vRA requiring this now as before it was not needed. Anyone has an idea how to disable this behavior?

0 Kudos