VMware Cloud Community
VirExprt
Expert
Expert

how to integrate vRA mutli-tenant with vROPS?

Hi I am trying to set up a Multi-tenant vRA 8.4 environments where each tenant will act on it's own. I am able to integrate Master Tenant with vROPS 8.5 using the service Account with user name format as mentioned in VROPS Documentation "jdoe@company.com@workspaceone"

However, while I try to set up integration with another tenant, using "jdoe01@company.com@workspaceone" it gives me error 

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Endpoint configuration already exists for vROPS instance https://<vropsServer>/suite-api Error id: 23be4145-36ec-4507-9580-77456c92c0bd

Please help me with the your experiences.

Regards, MG
0 Kudos
3 Replies
BrettK1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

As far as I can remember when I was doing this with 7.6, for the tenant you used 'qe' for 'all tenants', and you used the (iirc) Tenant Admin account (i.e. the account that can create tenants) and Super User accounts per https://docs.vmware.com/en/vRealize-Automation/7.6/com.vmware.vra.prepare.use.doc/GUID-9226A899-E642...

I think the trouble I had getting that set up was the different user account terminology between vRA and vROPs, and getting vROPs to save credentials properly between tries.

If you're using vRA 8, not sure, as I haven't gotten vRA 8 to the point I need to monitor it yet, and I can't confirm with vRA 7.6 because it is no longer supported in the current vROPs versions.

Not positive, but I'm guessing the 'endpoint already configured' is it only wants one vRA endpoint, not a separate endpoint for each tenant.

0 Kudos
VirExprt
Expert
Expert

Thanks Brettk1. i am using VRA8.4 and VROPS 8.5.

Regards, MG
0 Kudos
BrettK1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Well, everything I posted is likely irrelevant then (you did post versions, didn't you)!

On that note, I supposed I'll go try to play with vROPs and vRA now (8.5 and 8.5), though we only have a single tenant, so again I may not find anything relevant...

"vRealize Operations Manager 8.2 or later supports one-to-one integrations with vRealize Automation 8.x, you can integrate one instance of vRealize Operations Manager 8.2 or later with one instance of vRealize Automation 8.x"

So, it appears the Endpoint guess was correct. Does the user you're trying to use have "has both organizational owner and Cloud Automation Services administrator permissions."?

Together these read as if you need to use a single account to connect and monitor the entire vRA as one, and not each tenant separately.
If you had a use case where you're trying to have USERS of the tenant monitor their Tenant through vROPs, you'd need a separate instance of vROPs for each tenant (and given the permissions they require above, I'm not sure how that would work out in practice anyway).

"vRealize Automation 8.x or later supports one-to-many integration with vRealize Operations Manager 8.2 or later, you integrate more than one vRealize Operations Manager 8.x instance with one vRealize Automationend point."

0 Kudos