VMware Cloud Community
future2000
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

add VM Notes via vRO workflows to vSphere VMs (vRA 8.4)

I have a simple workflow which adds the VM requestors name to the vSphere VM notes. This worked perfectly in the past but not causes the following error:-

Do not know how to handle token of type class com.vmware.o11n.security.csp.CspExpiringAuthenticationTokenAdapter)

I understand this is because the vCenter instance added to vRO is in sessionPerUser mode. I therefore to a copy of the 'Update a vCenter server instance' workflow and changed the input variable sessionPerUser and changed it to a variable and hard coded it to false. The workflow was run successfully. (For some reason that input variable is not displayed and therefore cannot be changed when running the workflow normally.

However my workflow still fails with the same error. Can anyone help me understand what I am missing here.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
johnbowdre
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You may need to remove the current vCenter endpoint from vRO (by running the "Remove a vCenter Server instance" workflow) and re-add it ("Add a vCenter Server instance") making sure to uncheck the "session per user" option on the "Set the connection properties" tab.

0 Kudos