VMware Cloud Community
quantum_2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VCAC inbound mail I am confused about what user name and password it is looking for

could someone explain to me what I need to put in here as a user name  and email account ?  do i need to create a user just for VCAC ?add inbound mail.JPG

thanks!!!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
willonit
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Essentially yes. You need a mailbox that vCAC will use to receive email. In a lab scenario you could use your own and IMAP and it will pickup on the email destined for vCAC but they will also show up in your inbox. Ideally you have a  mailbox dedicated to vCAC. Just think of the inbound email on vCAC as any other POP or IMAP client like Outlook or thunderbird.

0 Kudos
quantum_2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what would not work if this is not set up?

I need to give some justification when I escalate this to the mail team 

I tried my own account with all possible combinations and could not get it to work , I am in a large org however and there may be restrictions on this account

thanks

0 Kudos
willonit
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

The major thing you gain by having inbound emails set up is the ability to approve requests from an email. If inbound email is set up, when an approver receives an email it will have an approve link in the body of the email and clicking it will generate an email to send back to the inbound account to approve the request.

0 Kudos
quantum_2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

awesome !

one more question : is there any value in having it be a human readable email addy like : INC_CLOUD_approvals@inc.com or it is ok just to use someting like VCAC@INC.COM.

I guess what I am asking is what will the approval link look like will the  email be in the link or would it just say "click to approve"

thanks !!!!!

0 Kudos
willonit
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

The link will just say click to approve. The incoming email can really be whatever. The subject of the email that goes back will be a long string of random characters for vCAC to pickup on. It would be more important that users could recognize the outgoing address rather than the incoming.

0 Kudos
quantum_2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

can I make the outgoing and incoming the same address?

thanks so much !!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
willonit
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Yes

0 Kudos