I have VMs in the item list that are not manageable. How can I fix this?
All I can do is show the detail view.
This happened when I had to reconnect the compute resource because there were problems with the agent.
All Blueprints, Groups etc were gone after the reconnect but the vms stayed in the items list and are not manageable anymore.
Hi zimmi78, you could import the existing machines to have them manageable again. Or you might try to send a 'destroy' to the machine via API (but this is just a suggestion where I am not really sure if that will work as the machines are not in a manageable state). Regards, Ronald
First are the VMs still in the back end infra? Did you try the following?
1. Try to "Request" Inventory Data Collection from the below link
Infrastructure --> Compute Resources --> Right Click --> Data Collection --> Inventory (Request Now)
By default the inventory data is collected once a day, unless if you have changed the settings
2. Restart the IaaS machine (or the services).
3. If the VMs are still there in the backend then you can try to manually delete them and when doing a Inventory data request it would update the data. At least you will get other stage from where you can destroy the vms.
I suppose the inventory data is not updated, please let me know if this solves the problems.
I have both machines I want to manage again and machines I can delete and rebuild if necessary.
The only action I can perform on the unmanaged Items is "View Details", so delete from vCAC is not an option.
I tried the following for a VM I want to delete (vm1003)
1. Delete VM in VC
2. Restart IaaS Services (DEM, DEO, Agent and Server)
3. Request inventory scan in vCAC
Unfortunately the VM is still visible in vCAC.
I tried the following for a VM I'd like to manage again in vCAC (vm1007)
1. Run Infrastructure Organizer on the cluster
2. The machines were not available for import or update.
I had no luck so far to either delete a VM or regain managability.