VMware Cloud Community
VMANALYST
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Software Component Tab missing under "Design" in vRA 7

Can some one please confirm , whether we get “Software Components” tab in minimal installation. My installation is complete but the “Software Component” tab under Design is not visible. I have the proper roles assigned i.e. “Software Architect” for the user.

I am unable to see "Software Component" tab. Is there any other setting or Role need to be provided. According to documentation the "Software Architect" Role should suffice.

Regards

Pankaj

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
VMANALYST
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Advanced ..I think I got my answer.. the product link shows "Application Services" are not available in Advanced. I think that is why Software Components Not coming.. Please confirm

Compare vRealize Automation, Cloud Automation Software | VMware India

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlexJudge
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

What license do you have for vRA 7?

0 Kudos
VMANALYST
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Advanced ..I think I got my answer.. the product link shows "Application Services" are not available in Advanced. I think that is why Software Components Not coming.. Please confirm

Compare vRealize Automation, Cloud Automation Software | VMware India

0 Kudos
AlexJudge
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Yes, that's correct. You need Enterprise for Software Components.

0 Kudos
pankajchhabra
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello,

The correct solution is to log in, to to Administration -> Users and Directrories. You won't see anything under there. In the search tab, enter the user name that was created in the domain vsphere.local and give it the permissions for Design role etc.

Thanks,

Pankaj