VMware Cloud Community
keeptrying
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Snapshot.Policy.Disable doesn't work

I would like to create a business group with vRealize Automation 6.2.2 that disable all the user roles( include business group manager, fabric administrator, business group support and business group users) to create snapshots of VMs.

I read the documentation and find that there is a custom property called 'Snapshot.Policy.Disable' can do me a favor.

But even after setting 'Allow snapshots' to 'no' in blueprint actions configuration and 'Snapshot.Policy.Disable' to 'true' in blueprint custom properties, I still can create snapshot as group manager, fabric admin, group support...

Did I miss something?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
npadmani
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

• Added the ability to disable snapshot options for all users, including the business group manager and support user, if snapshot is not enabled on the blueprint.

Please see release notes for 6.2.3

VMware vRealize Automation 6.2.3 Release Notes

under what's new section you will find that Snapshot.Policy.Disable = true is a new thing introduced in this latest release.

since you are using older release 6.2.2, you won;t be able to use that custom property.

Narendra Padmani VCIX6-DCV | VCIX7-CMA | VCI | TOGAF 9 Certified

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
npadmani
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

• Added the ability to disable snapshot options for all users, including the business group manager and support user, if snapshot is not enabled on the blueprint.

Please see release notes for 6.2.3

VMware vRealize Automation 6.2.3 Release Notes

under what's new section you will find that Snapshot.Policy.Disable = true is a new thing introduced in this latest release.

since you are using older release 6.2.2, you won;t be able to use that custom property.

Narendra Padmani VCIX6-DCV | VCIX7-CMA | VCI | TOGAF 9 Certified
0 Kudos
kumarankpl
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

It will be available as part of 6.2.3 release. But currently 6.2.3 has been removed from download and will be available soon.

Thanks

Kumaran

keeptrying
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Whoops.. I didn't realize that I was reading the newest documentation.

Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
keeptrying
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

And also thanks for you reply, too.

0 Kudos