VMware Cloud Community
mvr007
Contributor
Contributor

Service Temporarily Unavailable or HTTP Status 502 - When I try to export Managed Machines from vRA6.2.3

I am trying to export the machines from Managed Machines and getting the below error. Did anyone face this issue? No problems with other tabs, I am able to browse the logs.

Service Temporarily Unavailable or HTTP Status 502 -

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Infrastructure

-->Machine -->Managed Machines

This is the out of the box feature from vCAC/VRA to pull the complete list of managed machines from UI

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kumarankpl
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Since the Load is going to IIS we are hitting this issue. Instead of UI can you can try cloud-util.

Documentation for the same : http://pubs.vmware.com/vra-62/index.jsp#com.vmware.vra.extensibility.doc/GUID-1AF63FBE-3BC1-4922-B39...

You can further make the process faster by not passing -p option

0 Kudos
mvr007
Contributor
Contributor

I have another work around to get the VMs from IaaS DB level using SQL Query. However we can't grant access to users at SQL or Command level.

vRA managed machines report is out of the box function and it should work. I have a ticket with VMware, let me see what they come up with.

Thanks for your reply.

0 Kudos
mvr007
Contributor
Contributor

This is another bug in VRA 6 which VMware has taken as a feature request.Need to see how long it takes to provide the bug fix for simple export tool in VRA.

0 Kudos