VMware Cloud Community
ca_fahem
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Sending email to AD Groups Approvals from service broker doesnt work

Hi,

I have a customer environment that use AD groups in Projects users, so i select some groups as Approvers for Approval policy. we added Exchange distributed list email for this AD groups but the mail is not sent to the users ? 

When i use an AD user as approver he get the notification mail, but for the AD group it doesn't work ? I tried also to configure the policy using roles its the same thing.

Any Solution or Help ? Thank you.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
RoMaKa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

you cannot send an e-mail to an AD group. You can send an e-mail to a distribution group. The members of the distribution group must be the users, not the AD group.

Regards
Robert

0 Kudos
ca_fahem
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

@RoMaKa Yes we created a distribution list in exchange and add users to the list, after that affect the list as an email attribute to the AD group used as Approvers. and it doesn't work, it works only with ad users as approvers. 

0 Kudos
RoMaKa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

OK, then I assume that the input for the mail workflow accepts only a single user. Have you tried to use the workflow in a foreach loop that takes the distribution list or the AD group as an input?

Regards
Robert

0 Kudos
ca_fahem
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

@RoMaKa  I am not using a workflow, I am speaking about approval policy (the field Approvers in service broker) see the capture

0 Kudos
RoMaKa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Ah, mea culpa...

The AD group: did you create it as a security group or a distribution group (I do not remeber the exact wording)... and: I assume you entered the e-mail address of the Exchange distribution group in the AD group properties, right?

0 Kudos
mgch
Contributor
Contributor

Hi!

As we have the same issue: What version you are on ?

Regards,

Marc

0 Kudos
ca_fahem
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

@mgchVMware Aria Automation 8.12.2

0 Kudos
mgch
Contributor
Contributor

I actually had an SR open for this and got confirmation that this  will be working from > 8.13.

As we are still on 8.11..1 I have not tested this personally.

0 Kudos