VMware Cloud Community
charliejllewell
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Self Service Portal shows no blueprints

Hi All,

Sorry if this is a basic question. I have just completed the vCAC setup following various docs. In the lab I have created an endpoint to a vCloud org, created enterprise and provisiong groups as well as blue prints. When using the vCAC admin console and searching the provisioning user I have created it shows access to the blueprints I have created. When logging into the self service portal however and selecting new request no blue prints are listed.

The vCAC console shows no errors and I am at a loss where to look next. Any help would be much appreciated.

Charlie

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ShibbyB
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Did you make a virtual reservation for the provisioning group for that user? Try that

0 Kudos
charliejllewell
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi ShibbyB, thanks for answering. I have created a reservation (presuming that is the same as a virtual reservation?) and have just double checked the settings. It is associated with the correct provisioning group so I can't see anything wrong?

0 Kudos
ShibbyB
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Are you using any Reservation Policies, I have seen if you have policies associated with the blueprint, but no Reservations are tagged with the same Reservation Policy, there are no resources for the blueprint to use?

As an admin type user, can you see any blueprints to request?

Sounds like you have the requirements in place

• Provisioning Group with the User defined
  • Reservation for the Provisioning Group
  • Blueprint assigned to this Provisioning Group (and if you are using a vSphere Reservation, you would have the Blueprint be a vSphere type)
0 Kudos
charliejllewell
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the tip however this didn't resolve the issue. I did however notice I had miss understood the blueprints and whilst I had created a vApp component blueprint I had not created a vApp blueprint...doh!!

Thanks a lot for your help though. No doubt I will be asking more questions soon Smiley Happy

0 Kudos