VMware Cloud Community
firestartah
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Request to vCO failed. Error:401 Invalid basic authntication token

Hi,

I'm seeing a bad password being passed to my vRO server and even though I have checked all my endpoints and HTTP-REST entries and confirmed the password for the account that seems to be getting passed i keep getting the following error in the default tenant for vRA. The strange thing for me is the tenant the failure keep happenign on is the vsphere.local tenant. Anyone have any ideas? I've ran wireshark and the bad password is coming from vRO to the AD server and I can't match it to any particular catalog item. It also happens more at night when no one is on the portal.

pastedImage_0.png

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Gregg http://thesaffageek.co.uk
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
LenK
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We are facing a similar issue where vRA 7 randomly passes an invalid password to vRO when calling a WF.  In our case it's the password for our IPAM service account which is set as endpoint credentials.  To work around this, we have temporarily hard coded the password as an attribute in our IPAM WF instead of using the value passed from vRA 7.

0 Kudos
Chrisz_29
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever find a solution to this issue?  I am facing the exact same issue and any help would be appreciated if you got this resolved.

0 Kudos