VMware Cloud Community
AllBlack
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

No compute resources associated with endpoints

Hi there,

Total newbie to vCAC. I am building a POC and I am following the step in Kendrick Coleman's blog.How To Install vCloud Automation Center (vCAC) 6.0 - Part 5 - Agent, Endpoint, and Group Configurati...
I made it to creating endpoints where I selected vCenter. The next step is to create a fabric group.
However, I cannot see and select compute resources. Any idea as to what I may be doing wrong?

Cheers

Please consider marking my answer as "helpful" or "correct"
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AllBlack
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I found some errors in the log. The account I used got a

Retrieving Work from VRM : The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized error

Not sure why this would be the case as it has admin rights on both vCenter and IAAS server.
Changed to another account with admin rights and restarted and appeared to have come right.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
NuggetGTR
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

It sometimes takes some time for that to show up. I generally leave about 30 min between setting up the end point to creating a fabric group.

The only thing make sure that you entered the endpoint with the identical name that you gave it during agent install

________________________________________ Blog: http://virtualiseme.net.au VCDX #201 Author of Mastering vRealize Operations Manager
0 Kudos
AllBlack
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I found some errors in the log. The account I used got a

Retrieving Work from VRM : The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized error

Not sure why this would be the case as it has admin rights on both vCenter and IAAS server.
Changed to another account with admin rights and restarted and appeared to have come right.

0 Kudos
GrantOrchardVMw
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Chances are it was the restart that fixed that. That error shows when the vCAC Service on the IaaS box is down.

Grant

Grant http://grantorchard.com
0 Kudos