VCAC 6.0 installation running against Vcenter and ESX 5.5
My blueprint (standard linux VM cloning from a template) was working fine last week as far as I know nothing changed.
Then today I try requesting a new item from my catalog, the provisioning starts and the machine is deployed but then I get two error messages:
Machine thelatestvm: Request Update in Service Catalog failed. One or more errors occurred.
Machine thelatestvm: Failed to delete the catalog item. One or more errors occurred.
The machine is then destroyed.
I did try a deployment this morning which failed because there was no ESX host with enough memory, but in the VCAC requests section it is still marked as in progress could this job be causing the other to fail? and if so what do I do about it.
Any clues/ideas much appreciated
VM state marked as 'In Progress' could be a stale entry in DB which might needed to be corrected, if you think provisioning has been timeout and you have good connected Endpoint configured in your environment.
check logs for more details on the issue. There are two places were you could check for logs
1- vSphereAgent logs which will let you know about the potential connectivity issues.
2- vCAC appliance's Catalina.out logs which will let you know the detailed real time issue logs. You can find the logs at \etc\logs\vcac\catalina.out
In my past experiece with such errors, i had noticed that these typically happens when wrong form of UPN is passed while rquesting the VM.
In vCAC 5.2 UPN for requestor use to ne 'domain\username' where as from vCAC 6.0 till now UPN is 'firstname.lastname@example.org' i suspect if you are passing wrong UPN.
Please verify and should fix your issue.
the errors which you are getting are due to provisioning failure, and i suspect that you are performing provisioning programticalling i.e. making call to the blueprint from VCO or other tool with pre-defined parameters.
if that is correct, you must revisit the parameter which is responsible for passing 'Owner' value.