VMware Cloud Community
Wayne_sun
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Issues with vCloud Application Director6.0 when publishing and deploying an simple VM

Hi, experts

I just want to validate the integration between vCAC6.0.1 with vCAD6.0, but there are some serious issues I have to face.

My scenario is very simple, I create a VM template according to vCAD's prerequisite such as install vCAC agent and vCAD agent, then I setup a blueprint with this template in vCAC and have tested I could request it through vCAC's  service catalog, until now all do work well.

Next, I configure vCAD appliance and register it with vCAC, after configure successfully, I configure cloud provider, cloud template, deployment environment, map logical template to cloud template, ......

Finally, I think I have done all the work before creating an application, in order to verify integration, only one logical template I created previous in my application blueprint, very simple!, isn't it? I deployed such simple application blueprint on vCAC, but the result is disappointed, there are two serious issues which need your great help:

1. After a long period wait (about 1 hours), the deploy status in vCAD is still in the progress, but a VM has been created successfully in VCenter, moreover, this VM does work. I don't the reason for that.

2. I have published deployment profile to vCAC and configure catalog item and entitlement, and I can see it in service catalog in vCAC, but a blank request page occur when I make a new request, normally, there is a request page have some input fields I can fill in, but it don't have. It's my second question.

For two question above, could you give me some suggestions? thanks a lot!!!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
lnairn
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

Have you configured the vAppd agent in the template? Does the vm have connectivity with the vAppd server? You must configure the bootstrap agent in the template, and the VM must have connectivity with the vAppd Server.

When you publish the deployment profile in vCAC, only the "application" inputs you had defined in vAppd are presented in the request, that is the normal behaviour. You will not see the "infrastructure" variables in the request.

Best Regards,

Leandro.

0 Kudos