VMware Cloud Community
Sathishs2u
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

In vRA6.2.1 Default vRO throws Cannot connect to Orchestrator Server

Installed vRA 6.2.1 and configured successfully.

Added vCenter Endpoint

Tested create datacenter workflow from catalog and it works fine

Imported my plugin to orchectrator

Tested one workflow and throws Fail to retrieve etc..

Rebooted vRA appliance

Now default orchestrator test connection failed.

Selected external orchestrator option and provided same vRA embedded vRO credential

Test connection successful - Not sure why it failed when I choose default orchestrator

Now tested my plugin workflow and it works fine.

Later I choose default orchestrator still test connection fails -  Any reason?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

1) "default orchestrator" does not really mean "the embedded orchestrator". It means "the orchestrator server configured in the system by the system administrator".

Which you can check, by logging w/ system_admin and see what is there. If there is a mismatch - fix it

2) if (1) is not an issue, then login w/ root user in the vRA VA and execute the following command "vcac-vami vco-service-reconfigure"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

1) "default orchestrator" does not really mean "the embedded orchestrator". It means "the orchestrator server configured in the system by the system administrator".

Which you can check, by logging w/ system_admin and see what is there. If there is a mismatch - fix it

2) if (1) is not an issue, then login w/ root user in the vRA VA and execute the following command "vcac-vami vco-service-reconfigure"

Sathishs2u
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the response!

The second point mentioned below fixed my problem.

then login w/ root user in the vRA VA and execute the following command "vcac-vami vco-service-reconfigure"

0 Kudos