VMware Cloud Community
maddyacc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

ITBM Tab appears but is blank shows no details,

Hi Techies,

I am stuck with the ITBM integration with VCAC, I have configured the ITBM with all the steps mentioned in the VMware Documentation.. I cannot see the content in the ITBM Tab .. please find the screen shot attached.

i am running vcac 6.0.1 and ITBM standard edition 6.0.1.

Logs itfm.log, Vcac.log, Catalinout.log show no error message.. they display message saying that VCenter server connection failed which is quiet obvious. Please help me fixing this issue.

Regards,

Maddy.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JCOEN
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

When I've ran into this issue it has always been a time sync problem. Ensure that ITBM, vCenter and vCAC App are within 5 minutes of each other. Once you do that you may have to restart ITBM and/or vCAC app, but then it should display content in the Business Management tab after.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
abhilashhb
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Facing the same problem with 6.1 too. Not able to figure out what's wrong. I initially thought it's coz of license but not even that :smileyconfused:

Abhilash B
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/abhilashhb/

0 Kudos
p_nataraj
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I faced the same issue couple of times, one things that you might want to cross check is the date and time and the system clock if this is right then cross check the network settings are right if they are all fine and after time is synced then unregister and re-register itbm from vcac.

check the tomcat itfm.log and catalina.out for more information.

Thanks

Nataraj

0 Kudos
JCOEN
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

When I've ran into this issue it has always been a time sync problem. Ensure that ITBM, vCenter and vCAC App are within 5 minutes of each other. Once you do that you may have to restart ITBM and/or vCAC app, but then it should display content in the Business Management tab after.

0 Kudos
bugblatterbeast
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I'm sure I had this when I hadn't set the correct permissions for the users' group. If you haven't already then do this : Administration > Groups > Edit Group > tick the "Business Management Administrator" box in "Add Roles to this Group".

Danny

VCP4/5, VCP6-CMA, VCAP-DCA4/5, VCAP-CIA, AWS-CSA, CCNA, MCSE, MCSA