VMware Cloud Community
machagogo
Contributor
Contributor

How to use Custom Form for Blueprint Catalog Item using vRA 7.4 API?

Trying to find the programmatic equivalent of using a Custom Form for a Blueprint Request using the vRA API.

I have been able to request a token, get entitledCatalogItemViews, and get "template" information for a specific Blueprint Catalog Item.  I am able to use this template to make a subsequent request but it mirrors the information requested in the default non-custom form.  I prefer to use an equivalent of the Custom Form I created instead where the input fields are greatly simplified and I use logic in the Custom Form to fill in specific custom properties in the blueprint before deployment.

I do see the "api/consumer/catalogItems/{id}/forms/details" in the api documentation, but I can't get it to return anything for blueprints or Xaas, so I am unsure what this is supposed to do.  I can't find examples of this being used either.  Can't tell whether I should invest time in troubleshooting this since I dont know if it is what I want.

Wondering how to use the API to mimic using the Custom Form instead of the default Blueprint form.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

To my knowledge, there isn't a separate API which mimics custom forms presentations.

0 Kudos