VMware Cloud Community
NiteeshM
Contributor
Contributor

How can we restrict USERS in vCAC to access self-service portal?

We have a huge deployment through vCAC 5.2 and as the environment is huge it is hard to track the deployments to be genuine (by Managers) or random (By Users).

I want to assign a group of people to the USERS role in vCAC Provisioning Groups and by default they get access to the /vcacselfservice (Self Service Portal).

Is there any way I can restrict users to have access to the self-service by still keeping the user privileges to access machine instances which will be provisioned by their managers.

Can I change the authentication rule from “allow users” to “deny” or something similar in the aspx files or config files of the vCAC website or self-service portal?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
abhilashhb
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Why not have an approval policy and deny the requests if they do not have a need for deploying the machines and yet they do?

Abhilash B
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/abhilashhb/

NiteeshM
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the response.

That is an option I staged.

Reason is we want to put all domain users under the users role and there are about 5000+ users and we do not want to approve or reject for every single request that comes from the user. That sounds hectic right!

We want to make manager to access roles to provision machines on behalf of the users (As managers are about 75)and we did put the approval policies for more cpu or ram used per machine than the default value of 2x2.

0 Kudos