VMware Cloud Community
riverson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Getting "Request Failed:" error after running "Assign a state change" workflow

I'm attempting to kick off a workflow that sends an email after a machine is provisioned.  A simple task, I would think.

I have vRA and vRO setup, and am able to provision machines form vRA before making any further changes.

In vRO I have run the "Install vCO customization" workflow, as well as the "Assign a state change workflow to a blueprint and its virtual machines" workflow.  After running the latter workflow, I get the error "Request failed: YUNoWork not found, and possibly deleted before provisioning finished." when attempting to provision a machine.

The email workflow works on its own, and after running the "Assign a state change..." workflow, I see the "WFStubBuildingMachine" property get updated on the Blueprint.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
riverson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The issue was that the vRO endpoint was not added to vRA.  After adding the endpoint and taking inventory, the problem was solved.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
npadmani
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

you said you wanted an email sent out after machine is provisioned. But in that case the state change stub you are using is wrong, instead of BuildingMachine, try using MachineProvisioned

Narendra Padmani VCIX6-DCV | VCIX7-CMA | VCI | TOGAF 9 Certified
0 Kudos
riverson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Although that definitely may help me in the future, the "Request Failed:" error is still occurring.

I'll continue doing research, but any further input would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
npadmani
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

did you test that blueprint deployment without these state change stub calling to check if the machine deployment happens without any errors.

Narendra Padmani VCIX6-DCV | VCIX7-CMA | VCI | TOGAF 9 Certified
0 Kudos
riverson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes, all blueprints work fine until I run the "Assign a state change workflow to a blueprint and its virtual machines' workflow.

0 Kudos
riverson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The issue was that the vRO endpoint was not added to vRA.  After adding the endpoint and taking inventory, the problem was solved.

0 Kudos