VMware Cloud Community
Wayne_sun
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Failed to discover computer resouce after installing another vSphere Agent?

Hi, experts

I have installed and configured a vCAC6.1 environment successfully including an Identity Server, a vCAC Server and an IaaS server, now I would like to install a vSphere Agent to manage another vCenter Server, so I only setup vSphere agent through custom install of IaaS server on a VM, then I create a new endpoint in vCAC to discover new computer resource for vCenter Server, but after some hours there is no new computer resource record occured in vCAC and in new agent log file there are some information repeatedly such as "ping sent successfully....", "ping report complete....".

I don't know the reason that there is no computer resource discovered by endpoint, and could you help me? thanks!

屏幕快照 2015-01-16 下午3.00.44.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abhilashhb
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Compute resource will only appear after you create a fabric group. Go to create fabric group option and you'll see the clusters listed there from the discovery.

Abhilash B
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/abhilashhb/

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
abhilashhb
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Compute resource will only appear after you create a fabric group. Go to create fabric group option and you'll see the clusters listed there from the discovery.

Abhilash B
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/abhilashhb/

0 Kudos
kumarankpl
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Can you check you Fabric group? There you should see the compute resources and then you have to add it as part of you fabric group. Then only collections will happen for that compute resource.

Wayne_sun
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi, Abhilashhb

You are right! that's correct answer!

Thanks a lot!!!

0 Kudos
Wayne_sun
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution