VMware Cloud Community
MarkFischer
Contributor
Contributor

Customize vCAC User Interface Views

I am working on customizing the user interface of vCAC to match that of our organization, and to provide more descriptive help and documentation. There are several boxes of text on the user interface for which I am unable to figure out how to alter.

For example: on the main dashboard page of the customer facing site (Self-Service Portal\Views\Home\Home.cshtml) there is a "Support Information" box on the right side, with generic help text. This seems to be driven from the view template via "@Html.Raw(this.Model.SupportInformationContent)"

Another example is on the Blueprints page (Self-Service Portal\Views\Blueprint\Blueprints.cshtml). There is a help box on the right size with very generic help information. It seems to be driven by "@Html.Raw(Help.Blueprints)" in the view template.

Where are the actual values for these field variables stored, and how do I change them?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
mlichsteintwc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

There is a way to edit the Support Information box, but it's really easy to miss. On the vCAC admin page, go to vCAC Administrator, Customization, Announcements. There's a drop down box there and one of the items is Support Information.

Not sure about the blueprint help box though, sorry.