VMware Cloud Community
Wayne_sun
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Cannot setup event subscription for machine provisioning in vRA7.4?

Hi

I install a distributed deployment of vRA7.4 recently and I found there are no sub fields under Data Field when I choose conditions for Event "machine provisioning" topic in the attached.

I don't know what cause it.

Thanks for your reply!

0 Kudos
12 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

First, did you seriously take a picture of your screen with a camera? And you work for a software company? :smileylaugh:

You may need to check your system. Are all services registered? Data should definitely not be empty.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
Wayne_sun
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I am sure all services are registered correctly? It seems be healthy besides event subscription. Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

You'll need to share more information in that case.

0 Kudos
nithinp
Contributor
Contributor

I am also having the same issue, its fresh build and see all the services are showing up registered. Has anybody else encountered same issue ? and any resolution around this? Until vRA 7.3 it was seamless, did not had any problem getting this working.

Any help is much appreciated.

Note: attached screenshot

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Reboot your appliance first and see if that clears it up.

0 Kudos
richardtracy79
Contributor
Contributor

We are having the same issue on both instances of our vRA 7.4 fresh installs. We have rebooted many times. We have also posted this issue on slack thinking it was a simple fix, but soon realized its a bigger issue with others as well. Supposedly there is a fix out there (by what I'm told on slack), but no one can provide a KB or link. We are working with our TAM to find it....hopefully soon...

If anyone has a link or how-article to resolve this issue, please share.

Thanks

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

This seems to be situational because I have done a couple deployments now with the schema loading perfectly fine. One thing to check is your appliance deployment settings to ensure you're using a FQDN and not short name (or, worse, IP).

0 Kudos
richardtracy79
Contributor
Contributor

Both of ours are using FQDN. One of them is on an internet connected domain, while the other is on a disconnected domain; same issue.

However I did get an message from @senk on slack just now: "a fix for the event broker subscription is out and KB article is in preparation. if it's urgent you should reference SR#18783186804 with GSS to get the details".

We will be doing this shortly. Hopefully this helps use and anyone else with this issue.

Good Luck

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Can you post that KB article here as a response when it's published, please? That would help others out who come across the same issue.

0 Kudos
jexplorer
Contributor
Contributor

Same situation here, brand new deployment of vRA 7.4 distrbiuted installation. I just wanted to add it to the list so that it won't be overlooked as isolated incident. 

0 Kudos
DylanHDS
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue with my vRA 7.4 deployment. Any news on the KB article to resolve this problem?
0 Kudos
kjoyce_SA
Contributor
Contributor

Not sure if anyone else was able to get the solution but this is what VMware sent me for the same issue.

VMware Knowledge Base

0 Kudos