VMware Cloud Community
CalsoftTechie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VMware vRealize Automation ITSM Application V5.1.0 (ServiceNow Certified)

Please find attached link for VMware vRealize Automation ITSM Application 5.1

This file is certified by ServiceNow and available on ServiceNow store for download-ServiceNow store Link for ITSM V5.1

Application XML will be available on VMware solution exchange as well.

(As a best practice suggested by ServiceNow, you must use an application available on ServiceNow store for download on production instances for smoother auto upgrade to future release of an application.)

Also find attached user guide for ITSM 5.1

If you are using V3.0, V4.0 or V5.0 of an application, it must be removed before installing ITSM 5.1 to avoid conflicts.

Details on how to remove older applications is narrated in user guide for V5.1

Key Features

1. This integration enables ServiceNow to integrate vRealize Automation(vRA) Suite with ServiceNow platform and provide the ability for ServiceNow users to access the vRA catalogs, resources within ServiceNow.
  2. Multi-vRA instance support
  3. The integration will allow end users to Request vRA catalog items from ServiceNow portal.
  4. The application will fetch categories, catalog items and resource data from vRA platform.
  5. The application will extend ServiceNow functionality to be able to render vRA catalog items into ServiceNow dynamically and manage vRA resources.
  6. Day2 operation actions performed in ServiceNow CMDB will be updated back to vRA platform by giving API calls to vRA.

Fixes provide in ITSM V5.1 Over ITSM V5.0

1. Dynamic dependent dropdown fixes
  2. Size, Image profile fixes
  3. Disk fixes for null error
  4. Token Encryption
  5. Improved Entitlement Module
  6. Access control fixes(ACL)
  7. Duplicate catalog item form section fixes
11 Replies
nunoasilva
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! When can we get the 5.1 version from Solution Exchange (or any other way that isn't on the ServiceNow Store)? We need to try this out on dev instances! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
CalsoftTechie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It will be available on solution exchange in a day or two.

nvelaga
Contributor
Contributor

hi,

currently "VMware vRealize Automation ITSM Application V5.1.0" app certified till London, any idea to get it certified for Madrid ?

HiteshSujanani
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Manish,

Is the ITSM plugin v5.1.0 for vRA certified with service now compatible to use the blueprints with custom forms in the service now catalog?

Also, is the Service now version "Madrid" compatible

0 Kudos
bkunrath
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Manish,

I also have the questions when will it officially support the "Madrid" version of ServiceNow?

Ciao, Bernd

0 Kudos
progsaz
Contributor
Contributor

Waiting for the same answer.  I was waiting for London before and just before they released the ITSM plugin our SNOW guys upgraded to Madrid.  ARggg

0 Kudos
HiteshSujanani
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

There is a Service-now 7.6 plugin available for vRA in the service now store. This new plugin supports Service now Madrid.

Has anyone performed the integration via the plugin? The documentation does not provide details of the components supported from vRA, like does it import catalog items that use custom forms?etc

0 Kudos
tillmank
Contributor
Contributor

When will the plugin be available for Orlando?  Currently only seeing Madrid and New York.

0 Kudos
draymond10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Based on the latest release schedule, I would anticipate something soon.  I haven't been able to confirm support for both 8.1 and Orlando.  Can someone from VMware shed any light on this?

7.6.0 - 8/27/2019 - Madrid

7.6.1 - 10/07/2019 - Madrid

7.6.2 - 12/13/2019 - Madrid

7.6.3 - 12/29/2019 - NY, Madrid

Separate Application:

8.0.0 - 01/28/2020 - NY, Madrid

8.0.1 - 02/19/2020 - Ny, Madrid

0 Kudos
tillmank
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks!  Please let me know when support will be available for Orlando.  My organization will be upgrading to Orlando within the next few weeks and is very much interested in the plugin.

0 Kudos
tillmank
Contributor
Contributor

VMware team, can you provide an update on when or if the plugin will be available for Orlando?

0 Kudos