VMware Global Community
ramki2388
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

how to update request after the request is sucessfull

Hello All,

i am trying the update modified information from vRO under details field .

pastedImage_0.png

is it possible to solve this using REST API, if so please let me the resource link and JSON content to send.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Ram.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
jasnyder
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I am assuming you want to update details of the request object itself in vRA, not the resource that got provisioned from the request, correct?

You can't update the request after it his the successful state because:

1. The API doesn't support the user changing the state of a request to "Successful" even if it's already successful.
  2. The API doesn't support not setting the state of the request at all.
  3. The API doesn't support changing the state of a request from successful to anything else (i.e. not submitted).

So by virtue of needing to provide a new request state, and not being able to provide successful or anything else as the state, you cannot change the request.

In other words, you just can't modify a request once it hits the successful state.  The only way to do it is via the database directly.

Next question is - why do you want to modify the request?  Are you trying to update the description field that the user is supposed to enter when they submit the request?  I believe the only way to do it is via direct modification of the database, which of course is inconvenient and unsupported.

0 Kudos
ramki2388
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

modification is not possible if the request is successful.

then details of request object is in vRA can be modified if the request is in-progress?

if Yes, could you let me know the specific REST API link to use and which JSON content to pass according to my requirement in screen capture.

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Ram.

0 Kudos
Sany_1973
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Can I update the successful request's description field ?

0 Kudos