VMware Communities
sir_fredrick14
Contributor
Contributor

On product upgrades

You can't go from VMware Fusion 12 Player Personal Edition to VMware Fusion 12 Pro, right?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
HassanAbdelkari
Contributor
Contributor

I searched for your case and i found that you have to install upgradable bundle as the product attached

https://store-us.vmware.com/upgrade-to-fusion-13-pro-5708571500.html?country_code=FR

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Post reported to the moderators, asking them to move it to the area for Fusion.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

@sir_fredrick14 wrote:

You can't go from VMware Fusion 12 Player Personal Edition to VMware Fusion 12 Pro, right?

Yes you can. Just purchase the Pro license key and install it  into the existing product using VMware Fusion > License in the menu bar. The installed application is the same between Player and Pro, it’s just the license key that makes the difference in functionality. 

VMware doesn’t sell licenses for Fusion 12 any more. If you have Fusion 13, upgrade pricing to Fusion 13 Pro only applies if you have a purchased a license for Fusion 12 or 11 Pro, or if you have a paid license for Fusion 13 Player. You will need to purchase a full license if you are upgrading from the free Personal Use license to Pro. 

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos