I see an error like one below in my program and have no idea what's causing it:
7/14/2009 11:34:52 AM: Vestris.VMWareLib.VMWareException: Unknown error
at Vestris.VMWareLib.VMWareInterop.Check(UInt64 errCode)
at Vestris.VMWareLib.VMWareJob.Wait[T](Object properties)
at Vestris.VMWareLib.VMWareJob.Wait[T](Object properties, Int32 timeoutInSeconds)
at Vestris.VMWareLib.VMWareVirtualMachine.RunProgramInGuest(String guestProgramName, String commandLineArgs, Int32 options, Int32 timeoutInSeconds)
- Open the required VM, and login.
- Copy in some script files necessary to run the job.
- Run the scripts, wait until they're complete, (could be 30 - 40 minutes).
- Copy out some results files.
- Logout and close the VM.
I get the this 'Unknown Error' in the following scenario, (for example):
- Three automation jobs are running, with each running on a different VM on the same ESX server. I have three distinct connections to the server.
- One job completes and logs out and closes down the VM.
- This error is seen on the other two jobs, so they don't complete.
I know there is a VIX bug with multiple connections and host handle sharing, but these are three distinct connections to the server and I even keep any handles to the server until the end of the programs execution.
Does anyone have any idea what may be happening? If you need anymore information, please ask and I will provide. Or can anybody give me some steps to help debug this further?