VMware {code} Community
voodooRod
Contributor
Contributor

VixVM_LoginInGuest Used To Work

My old nemis is back, and I am wondering if the folks at VMWare circumvented me, since I posted a solution to their block out the last time (Mattrich, if you are reading and know please let me know). History, before vmworkstation 6.0 you could anonymously log into the guest VM w/out a username and password, and use the VIX_CONSOLE_NAME thingy in the connect. VMWorkstation 6.0 came out and disabled that feature. Well, I found a work around by disabling the blank password in the under the security options on the VM (our app doesn't want to have the user to enter accounts and passwords). This used to work.

I upgraded to vmworkstation 6.5, and no change in our code, and now I get errors on the VixVM_LoginInGuest call.

Anyone?

Thanks,

Rod

0 Kudos
3 Replies
voodooRod
Contributor
Contributor

Well, it just looks like the vmware folks shut my no password backdoor is all. Oh well... I can login w/ username & password. We'll just burn it into the VM.

-Rod

0 Kudos
itsme2003
Contributor
Contributor

I just tried the command:

vmrun.exe -T ws -gu administrator -gp "" listProcessesInGuest "E:\VirtualMachines\WindowsXPPro1\Windows XP Professional.vmx"

and it worked, after using the gpedit workaround. I'm not sure how you are trying to access the VM. I also tried remote desktop and that worked as well.

0 Kudos
voodooRod
Contributor
Contributor

Are you using vmworkstation 6.5? Also, I'm using the vix api. I used to be able to get in with the gpedit workaround, but now I can't. I just bit the bullet and hardcoded in a username and password.

0 Kudos