VMware Cloud Community
torontoguy
Contributor
Contributor

upgrading ESXi 3.5.0 build 82664 to 4.0 ?

I'm looking to upgrade my ESXi 3.5.0 build 82664 to 4.0 and im wondering what is the easiest way to do this? Can anyone point me to a document, or personal experience in doing this?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal

Have a look at the 4 forums. There is a specific subforum for install issues. I would do a good read of the 4 documents before you go upgrading. Make sure your hardware is on the HCL.

-- David -- VMware Communities Moderator
0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

0 Kudos
LarsLiljeroth
Expert
Expert

Hi

Vmware has a great site with lots of information and webcasts on how todo and what not todo....

vSphere Upgrade Center-> http://www.vmware.com/products/vsphere/upgrade-center/upgrade.html

// Lars Liljeroth

-

*If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

// Lars Liljeroth -------------- *If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!
0 Kudos
torontoguy
Contributor
Contributor

thanks everyone, I got the server updated

however, some confusion now.

is the VMware vSphere client only on for 60 days? Am I going to loose the ability to manage my virtual machines if I dont buy the license? to be honest , Im a little confused with some of the changes right now.

0 Kudos
LarsLiljeroth
Expert
Expert

You are right you can't use it after the 60 days. If you have SnS on your licenses they have automatic been upgraded to vSphere.

// Lars Liljeroth

-

*If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

// Lars Liljeroth -------------- *If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!
0 Kudos