VMware Cloud Community
Ilia_shapira
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

patch question

If I installed the latest patch avaliable do I need to install the old patches too or the last one include the old one inside ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The latest patch will contain all prior fixes. From the downloads page "Using the most recent patch bundle will update all components with all the fixes contained in all previous bundles. "

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

For ESXi when you install the patch, it installs a complete image for ESXi to the alternate boot partition and you then boot from it on the next restart. The old primary boot partition with the prior version of ESXi becomes the alternate boot partition and the next patch you install will get placed there. The nice thing about this is that you can quickly revert to the old image (CTRL-R during the boot process) should there be a problem with the new patch.

0 Kudos
Ilia_shapira
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes I know this, but what I want to know is that for example there is the last patch that was released a few days ago and I installed it and it works fine, but I still think that I have some issues that were described in one of the previous patches so should I install this old patch to or its already inside the last patch ?

0 Kudos
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The latest patch will contain all prior fixes. From the downloads page "Using the most recent patch bundle will update all components with all the fixes contained in all previous bundles. "

0 Kudos
Ilia_shapira
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks.

0 Kudos