VMware Cloud Community
vijay333
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

need help on resource management

Hi,

I am new to VMware and i am trying to run a Vm in ESX 3.5 server. But it shows me an error while power on my VM. pl find the error in attachment. I dont know how to allote resouce to my VM. kinldy help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

you will need atleast minimum 2GB to make it workable. and yes you can work without resource pooling. resource pool is create to have a better control and assignment of the compute and memory resources.

iDLE-jAM | VCP 2, VCP 3 & VCP 4

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

on the configuration tab, choose the "System Resource Allocation" link

Switch from "Simple" view to "Advanced" scroll down the tree there under host and find "VIM", select and then click the "edit settings" link

Under Memory resources you'll need to se the reservation limit to something lower. I think 512 is default, set it to 128 with expandable turned on and the limit set as 512.

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos
vijay333
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

dear Jam,

Thanks for the post...

I already did that.. but no use and my resource allocation page show very less memory to alloacte pl find the image..

0 Kudos
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

what is the memory of your host server and also the memory assigned to the virtual machine that you want to power up

0 Kudos
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Check out the below KB.

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=101818...

0 Kudos
vijay333
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Host server memory is 1Gb and the VM is assigned is 256 MB

0 Kudos
vijay333
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Now its powering on.. I chaged the memory to 300MB... I dont know how..

0 Kudos
vijay333
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

will the VM work with out any resource pool?

0 Kudos
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

you will need atleast minimum 2GB to make it workable. and yes you can work without resource pooling. resource pool is create to have a better control and assignment of the compute and memory resources.

0 Kudos
vijay333
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Oh Okay.. Thank you very much for the quick help JAM.

0 Kudos