VMware Cloud Community
josemalvarez
Contributor
Contributor

iperf on ESX

Is there any tool like iperf that work on ESX? I tried with the standard iperf version but it seems to need the libstdc++.so.6 libraries. Is there any precompiled version including this libraries?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
krowczynski
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

If someone have solutions or suggestions, I also very interested in it.

MCP, VCP

MCP, VCP3 , VCP4
0 Kudos
BenConrad
Expert
Expert

Are you wanting to find out how many Mb/s the COS can push or are you wanting to test an individual pNic link that the COS is using?

Ben

0 Kudos
josemalvarez
Contributor
Contributor

We are trying to test the network performance between the ESX host and a Centos separated physical machine (not a virtual machine) within the same network.

The first thing we tried was a test between a virtual machine within the ESX and the Centos physical machine. The iperf results were very low (70Mbps) so decided to try doing the tests from the ESX host console to the other physical machine.

We tried sending via scp a 10GiB file but it only get a 100 Mbps speed and our network is 1Gbps so we need to try with some tool like iperf or some application to check the network perfomance.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Jackobli
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Performance of guests are different, when CPU and Disk i/o are involved.

You may compile IPERF yourself. According to some sites found via Google, you may use compiler options like "CFLAGS=-static CXXFLAGS=-static" to create a static executable (will boost its size up to 10times).

0 Kudos