VMware Cloud Community
fitzie22
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

how to determine if it is free!!!!!

I have been troubleshooting SNMP issues with Dell Openmanage and they have asked if the version of 3.5i that I have installed it the free one or the enterprise one. I am not sure how to determine that. Can anyone let me know?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lamw
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

Login using the VI Client and click on your host, to the right there should be some tabs that say Summary, Virtual Machines and there should be on that says Configuration, click on that and at the bottom there is License Features, if it's free you would have registered it online with VMware and received a key and it should look something like this:

If you see more features than that OR if it says EVAL, then no you're not using the "free liensed version" of ESXi

=========================================================================

William Lam

VMware vExpert 2009

VMware ESX/ESXi scripts and resources at:

VMware Code Central - Scripts/Sample code for Developers and Administrators

VMware Developer Comuunity

Twitter: @lamw

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
lamw
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

Login using the VI Client and click on your host, to the right there should be some tabs that say Summary, Virtual Machines and there should be on that says Configuration, click on that and at the bottom there is License Features, if it's free you would have registered it online with VMware and received a key and it should look something like this:

If you see more features than that OR if it says EVAL, then no you're not using the "free liensed version" of ESXi

William Lam

VMware vExpert 2009

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

0 Kudos
fitzie22
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

so i take it that i DO NOT have the free one

0 Kudos
lamw
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

Yep, it's definitely not the free version. If you want to know which license you have, login to vCenter if you're not already and at the top click on View->Administration->Licensing, this should tell you which license you're currently consuming/etc.

William Lam

VMware vExpert 2009

0 Kudos
fitzie22
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

excellent thanks

0 Kudos