VMware Cloud Community
akalinowski
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

What time is it?: ESXi Time constantly wrong....

so i got my shiny new ESXi server up and running, installed vmtools and its running like a champ i'm confident it'll do what i wnat it to do and i roll it out. problem arises, my scheduled tasks are not running when they should, after beating my head over a keyboard for a few minutes i realized that it isnt the SQL agent that i sthe problem, its my system time. i reset the time in windows and make sure my time sync and it was, i went to bed peacefully thinking i solved the problem, next AM same flipping issue! so i look deeper, to find my time is wrong in the esxi server, so i use the VM infrastructure client to chagne the time and hit a time sync server, but another day passes and my time is wrong in both vmware and my windows servers....

anyone know how to fix this?!

thanks in advance

-dre

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Selekta
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Ensure that the time server you entered is active and correct.

Ensure that the time service is started in the ESX server this can be done in the VI client

Ensure that the NTP port 123 is open in your firewalls between the ESX server and the internet

In the VM open VMware tools and ensure that update time from ESX server is selected.

If all of the above has been done it should work fine.

If this answer was helpful please consider rewarding points.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Selekta
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Ensure that the time server you entered is active and correct.

Ensure that the time service is started in the ESX server this can be done in the VI client

Ensure that the NTP port 123 is open in your firewalls between the ESX server and the internet

In the VM open VMware tools and ensure that update time from ESX server is selected.

If all of the above has been done it should work fine.

If this answer was helpful please consider rewarding points.
0 Kudos
akalinowski
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

cool, just did all that.

lets see if its sticks

thanks

0 Kudos