VMware Cloud Community
sultanahmed
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VMs Unabled to connect to NAS after installing updates

I have an enviroment which has VI 4 and ESX servers on vSphere 4 (In cluster1). The other Cluster (cluster 2) has a number of esx 3.5 servers. After using update manager to fully patch each esx 3.5 host, the hosts are unable to connect to the NAS (where all VMDK files are located).

Cluster 1 is not connect to a NAS but a SAN, so no issues there.

Has anyone had this issue.

I'm lucky as I have 1 esx 3.5 holding all the VMs, and I'm not going to update this. But I need the VM machines to connect to the NAS.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal

Try to add the datastore again. You don't need to remove the first instance.

-- David -- VMware Communities Moderator
0 Kudos
sultanahmed
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I can't as it can't see any of the luns, nor the paths to the NAS

0 Kudos
anujmodi1
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

First verify that you have the connectivity of NAS with cluster1. Ping the NAS server from ESX4 server, if communicate, readd the NAS storage through vCenter4, make sure you won't format any thing on the NAS server. If it doesn't add the storage, look for the errors in vmkernel....

Anuj Modi,

If you found my answer to be useful, feel free to mark it as Helpful or Correct.

The latest blogs and articles on Virtulization:

http://communities.vmware.com/blogs/amodi

Anuj Modi, If you found my answer to be useful, feel free to mark it as Helpful or Correct. The latest blogs and articles on Virtulization: anujmodi.wordpress.com
0 Kudos
sultanahmed
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Problem resolved, Service console needs to be added to the vmkernal port as iSCSI requires both:8}

0 Kudos