VMware Cloud Community
LemonBrus
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VCB questions

I have never tried the VCB backup solution from VMware. So this may be an odd question. But is it possible to take a VCB image backup to a NFS store, and use this image backup directly back into a VI 3 environment (Use the “add to inventory” function on the VI client on the NFS store)? Or do you have to use the Converter utility to get a functional restore of an image backup?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
philvirt
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Nope, must use converter with VCB. Vendors are working on it, but I haven't found anything yet. There are other solutions that will allow you to do what your looking for, but they are not components of VCB. You can do ESX replication or file level replication of all the necessary vm files and restore them to the ESX host and it will work.

Regards,

Fil

Thanks, phIL

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
philvirt
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Nope, must use converter with VCB. Vendors are working on it, but I haven't found anything yet. There are other solutions that will allow you to do what your looking for, but they are not components of VCB. You can do ESX replication or file level replication of all the necessary vm files and restore them to the ESX host and it will work.

Regards,

Fil

Thanks, phIL
0 Kudos