VMware Cloud Community
nightyy
Contributor
Contributor

Sync SAN content to local datastore

Dear ESX3i fellows,

In the process of testing ESX3i I have tested VCB to backup snapshots of running machines - works fine. However I'd like to have the offline machines as well.

We have two host sharing a iSCSI datastore in which most of the active vms are stored.Is there a way to dump the whole content of the iscsi datastore to the local datastore of one of the hosts?

Marco

0 Kudos
4 Replies
kukacz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

There are various backup solutions doing this. An enterprise one is esXpress, which also has a free version for full backups. There are even some simple backup scripts. Try searching for them in this forum.

--

Lukas Kubin

0 Kudos
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal

esXpress isn't expecting to support 3i until September - http://support.p2v.net/boards/read.php?1,6353. At this point you might need to script something with the RCLI.

0 Kudos
nightyy
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the answers.

I use vcb as currently neither esxpress nor vrangerpro support esx3i. I could use the regular 3.5 of course, but in my opinion the sleek 3i is the future way to go, especially as we are looking at servers from dell with 3i integrated.

So I decided to not implement anything (of the well developed tools) for esx 3.5

This leaves some work to do of course, but I hope to save that in the long run.

Is there some kind of script repository available as Microsoft has?

0 Kudos
aregnier42
Contributor
Contributor

could you elaborate on what you do exactly?

I'm also looking for the best solution available today for ex3i. (and can't really afford to wait until september... Smiley Sad )

thanks

0 Kudos