VMware Cloud Community
nicebloke
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Service console question

Hi there - I'm trying to run the lspci -v command on the service console. Is there any equivalent of a scroll lock or a way to navigate back through the text that has already scrolled by?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atbnet
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

For ESX use:

lspci | more OR lspci | less

For ESXi Use:

lspci | less

They are more or less the same :smileysilly:

Andy, VMware Certified Professional (VCP),

If you found this information useful please award points using the buttons at the top of the page accordingly.

Andy Barnes
VCP / VCA-DT / MCITP:EA / CCIA
Help, Guides and How Tos... www.VMadmin.co.uk

If you found this information useful please award points using the buttons at the top of the page accordingly.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jayolsen
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

you could pipe it to more to see a screen at a time lspci -v | more

Doc_Rice
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Unfortunately, the "more" command doesn't seem to exist within ESXi's (unsupported) Service Console. The other option is to use the "less" command.

atbnet
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

For ESX use:

lspci | more OR lspci | less

For ESXi Use:

lspci | less

They are more or less the same :smileysilly:

Andy, VMware Certified Professional (VCP),

Andy Barnes
VCP / VCA-DT / MCITP:EA / CCIA
Help, Guides and How Tos... www.VMadmin.co.uk

0 Kudos
nicebloke
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you very much! I couldn't believe such a small issue was holding me up, nor that there was no comprehensive list of service console commands in the official documentation...

0 Kudos
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The console is not intended for general use and was included to provide support a way to troubleshoot certain issues. For general configuration one should use the RCLI and the RCLI commands are documented.

0 Kudos