VMware Cloud Community
TariqMC
Contributor
Contributor

Service Console Command Line changes do not reflect in Gui.

Hi

I work in a DR centre where we have to rebuild ESX servers for different customers on a weekly basis. After initial setup I need to run the following commands on each of my 30+ esx servers.

esxcfg-advcfg -s 1 /Scsi/ScsiRescanAllHBAs

esxcfg-advcfg -s 1 /LVM/EnableResignature

(I use putty cli application Plink to do this...plink -ssh esxcfg-advcfg -s 1 /Scsi/ScsiRescanAllHBAs)

I need the changes I make using the CLI to reflect in the GUI ( I am using the VIC and connect to the VC.

I have tried "vimsh -ne 'hostsvc/storage/refresh'" but I get "file not found" and the gui does not refesh when I look in the advanced config, LVM area.

I have also tried vmware-vim-cmd hostsvc/storage/refresh. Still this does not help.

Is there an easy way to get the Gui to sync with ESX after issueing commands from the CLI.

Thanks for you help.

Tariq

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ronmanu07
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Best way to get this to happen quick is to restart the VC service and reconnect your session, it will then show the latest info.

0 Kudos
uttam_choudhary
Contributor
Contributor

as suggested above restart the vc service and if that does not work then start the virtual center server and then start the service.

0 Kudos
TariqMC
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I have found this.

/sbin/service mgmt-vmware restart

It achieves the same I think? Do you agree

Regards

Tariq

0 Kudos
uttam_choudhary
Contributor
Contributor

In your situation I feel this might not help though you can try this. Otherwise try the things mentioned above by me.

0 Kudos