VMware Cloud Community
Ubuntu111
Contributor
Contributor

Receiving error "could not start the vmware virtualcenter server service on local computer - Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion"

Every couple of days I am unable to launch Virtual Center 2.5. We are running ESX 3.5. I am logging into Virtual Center from the VMware Infrastructure Client using localhost directly on the Virtual Center VM. I get the error ""VMware Infrastructure Client could not establish a connection with server then my server name) Details: the server took too long to respond."

When I look at services, the VMware Virtual Center service is running. If I try to restart the service I get the error "could not start the vmware virtualcenter server service on local computer - Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion". I checked the Windows evenet logs and did not see anything out of the ordinary.

If I reboot the server all is good for a couple of days. Any ideas on why this would happen? I did a Google search and didn't find much matching my issue. Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Yosias
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

how did u install VMware Infrastructure Client ? From where did you install it from, where did u get the exe for it? What OS r u running the VMware Infrastructure Client on?

0 Kudos
Ubuntu111
Contributor
Contributor

I downloaded and installed Virtual Infrastructure Client from the web page after entering the host IP address. The VM is running Windows Server 2003 SP2 with all current patches. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Yosias
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

what is the OS of the local computer? what type of network do you have, what is between your local compter and your vmware? starting from your nic all the way to server.

0 Kudos
danm66
Expert
Expert

Look in the vpxd*.log under c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\vmware\virtualcenter server\logs . Check for errors there and/or post it up here. Also, what database are you using, local or remote db and how many hosts do you have?

0 Kudos