VMware Cloud Community
Hamlin11
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Receive message running VMware Infrastructure Update

Unable to reach VMware update service. Please try again later.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CaptainLeonidas
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

This has been going on for some time and I too have that very issue.

I believe it steams from the v3.5 version being discontinued. Manual patching is still possible.

I suggest you download needed patches and "Add" those in the update client. Worked for me as I manually updated the VMware ESXi 3.5 with ESXe350-201006401-O-SG - PATCH (released 6/24/2010) just resently.

(Don't forget to reboot the ESXi after as I once did when I manually updated my ESXi server.... )

VMware Workstation 7.x User VMware ESXi 3.5.x/4.x Admin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Forums - have you confirmed that the VMware UPdate Mananger service is running on your vCenter server?

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
Hamlin11
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes, I have confirmed the service is running. Performed a restart of the service as well. Still receive the message.

0 Kudos
CaptainLeonidas
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

This has been going on for some time and I too have that very issue.

I believe it steams from the v3.5 version being discontinued. Manual patching is still possible.

I suggest you download needed patches and "Add" those in the update client. Worked for me as I manually updated the VMware ESXi 3.5 with ESXe350-201006401-O-SG - PATCH (released 6/24/2010) just resently.

(Don't forget to reboot the ESXi after as I once did when I manually updated my ESXi server.... )

VMware Workstation 7.x User VMware ESXi 3.5.x/4.x Admin
0 Kudos
Hamlin11
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the post! I tried what you suggessted and was able to successfully apply the latest patches to this stand-alone ESXi Host.

0 Kudos