VMware Cloud Community
RobHC
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Possible to set multiple default gateways?

Hi everyone, we're moving across to a new ip structure with our ESXi 3.5 server and I want to make the transition as seamless as possible.

To that end I want to add a second IP address+default gateway to the host, so that it can be accessed via both old and new addresses. My problem is that there seems to be only one default gateway setting for all VMKernel network connections. When I change it for the new network, it changes the GW setting of the old one too.

Any help would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LarsLiljeroth
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi

To my knowledge that is not possible.

Do you not have routing between the 2 IP segments ?

I say you should change it to the new ip address and make sure you can "route" to this network.

Best regards

Lars Liljeroth

-

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

// Lars Liljeroth -------------- *If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LarsLiljeroth
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi

To my knowledge that is not possible.

Do you not have routing between the 2 IP segments ?

I say you should change it to the new ip address and make sure you can "route" to this network.

Best regards

Lars Liljeroth

-

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

// Lars Liljeroth -------------- *If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!
0 Kudos
RobHC
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for confirming that Lars.

0 Kudos