francois_tiers
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Performance tab : no data available

I've got a :

-vCenter 2.5U6 with SQL Server 2000 SP4 on local vCenter

-6x ESX 3.5U4 (older server) in 2 clusters of 3 servers

-1x ESXi 3.5U5 (new server) in vcenter without cluster

All performance tab are good in vcenter for the 2 clusters, but for my ESXi no data avaiblable in performance tab for virtual machine, but it's ok for the host ESXi. NTP seems to be good (the same of the ESX servers).

Any idea ?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

you tried restart a vcenter service ?!

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos
wtfmatt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You've probably checked this, but the normal culprit for this is

- Time sync being off between the VI client host and the ESX host

- VMware VirtualCenter Management Webservices not being started

Does this error occur for everyone that tries to view the performance graph of the VM, or just you?

0 Kudos
francois_tiers
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I've already re-started my vCenter server and esx management services.

I've got this error only on my esxi (not on the other ESX server) and just for the Virtual machine....

0 Kudos
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

check time of vcenter .... you receive any message of error ? wich ?

i found it, but you need check if apply in your case http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=101825...

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos
francois_tiers
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

No error, just no data in performance tab for VM on my ESXi server, but data in performance tab for this server

My table "VPX_HOSTS" is correctly updated and my NTP server works well.

0 Kudos
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

you tried restart services of your ESXi ?

services.sh restart ?

0 Kudos
francois_tiers
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

Not yet...

i will try monday, but i've already test with "restart management services" in UI on ESXi.

0 Kudos