VMware Cloud Community
cnalliah
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

PSOD - any input will help...

Attached is the screen shot of the PSOD.

The system was rebooted around 10:15pm or so. The client was started around 6:15am the next morning. PSOD happened around 1:10am the next day morning. We have roughly seen the server PSOD in the early morning time - not consistent.

I have two other identical physical boxes and they are all working. http://ASUS RS160-E5/Dual Intel E5404 2.0G (Quad core)/24G RAM/32G SSD/iSCSI - StoreVault S500

Thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
christianZ
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Maybe memory problem - cpu5 MCE ...bank 0

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
harryc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

We were getting the feared PSOD on the DELLs for awile, turned out it was DELLs "BIOS" level SCSI checking that was causing conflicts with ESX, which did not handle these gracefully.

Stopped the DELL process and this problem went away, there were reports of a similar issue with HP Intel servers.

0 Kudos
christianZ
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Maybe memory problem - cpu5 MCE ...bank 0

0 Kudos
cnalliah
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

we had added new memory to bank 0. we suspected it and so we replaced it with another new set of memory. still produced the psods. so when you said that it was the memeory, so i thought maybe there is something different about the memory that the server does not like. so i swapped the pair from bank 0 with the pair in bank 3. bank 2 and bank 3 were identical memory purchased with the server.

anyways, we have been running for the past 2-1/2 days without any psods. we used to get one every day early in the mornings.

thank you.

0 Kudos