VMware Cloud Community
BillClark22
Contributor
Contributor

Node ISOLATED from network error message after shutdown of ESX

We shutdown and re-racked our entire VM setup; 2 ESX hosts, 1 SAN and 2 switches. We have everything plugged back in and powered on and ESX2 is working along with the SAN and switches, but ESX1 gives me the following error on startup: AAM Error Message: Node ISOLATED from network. Either repair or override agent startup using option -noiso. With that error, I cannot ping ESX1 or ping anything from the console. It also shows up in VMI as "not responding". I've migrated most of the VM's off it onto ESX2 and that is working, but what do I need to fix to get ESX1 back online? Thanks!

Bill

0 Kudos
3 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

I would look at the physical networking for your service console port - the AAM is the process that is responsible for HA and the error you are receiving is because the AAM process can not communicate to the othe rhost.

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
BillClark22
Contributor
Contributor

Dumb question, but how can I tell which physical port is being used for the console port? Thanks...getting late and the brain is going on standby.

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Dtermine which physical NIC(s) is connected to vswitch0 - and insure all the approriate vlans are configure don those physical ports -

0 Kudos