I'd like to know if it is possible automatically:

to boot 2 VM simultaneously

then to use the first VM in full screen

0 Kudos
8 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Welcome to the forums - Yes it is possible to boot two vms silmultaneously - You access the VM through the VI Client which is running on your workstation and it is through the VI Client remote console that you can access you VM and with that you can not set it so full screen mode on your workstation - you can also RDP to your VM and set that to full screen -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
depping
Leadership
Leadership

Indeed, ESXi is no client side hypervisor so you will need an extra PC to access the vm's via a console.

Duncan

Blogging:

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

0 Kudos
kikistan
Contributor
Contributor

ok

there is no hypervisor that can boot 2 VM usable on the hypervisor itself

My goal is to have a virtualized computer running in the background a WS 2008 and foreground another WS2008 ?

I hope i don't sound too stupide :smileygrin:

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

So if I understand you correctly you only have a single piece of hardware available - because what you want to do is doable with ESXi you will just need a seperate workstation to communicate with your ESXi host - I know VMware Workstation will allow you to do this but it is not free

0 Kudos
kikistan
Contributor
Contributor

yes i have one piece of hardware and i want to use the VM on the ESXi server

i i use workstation ... i have to boot an host (memory and disk lost) and then boot the VM

I hoped that ESXi could be use as a sort of server and boot client (hosting the VM and showing it to me)

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

That is nor how ESXi and ESX are designed - they are designed for the datacenter where the hosted vms will be accessed remotely - I do not think what you are looking to you will be able to do with any of the bare-metal hypervisors - you will need to load a base o/s and then run a hosted hypervisor like workstation

kikistan
Contributor
Contributor

i was affraid of that answer

the best for me is to have a robust linux (with fast boot and minimal consomption) and VMware Workstation

That could do the trick Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

That should do it

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 8, 2009, at 4:13 PM, "kikistan" <communities-

0 Kudos