VMware Cloud Community
lsulax
Contributor
Contributor

Need some iscsi and vcb help

In my Vmware environment, I use a Dell equallogic PS5500 iscsi san for our vmware data-store. I have set up a vcb server on a remote box using 2003 server

and I have the microsoft iscsi initiator installed. The initiator is able to see the san and through the disk management feature of the server I am able to see the disk(1.6 TB). The equallogic is currently taking snapsnots at an interval of every hour(which work fine) and I'm able to bring any snapshot online and retrieve them through the initiator.

Now here's the question: I can't access the disk or how do I access the disk through the server. I just see the Disk and the total size and whether it's online or off, How do I actually see whats on that Disk.

see the image below for more detail

0 Kudos
1 Reply
runclear
Expert
Expert

thats exactly right, you will not beable to "browse" the disk from your VCB Proxy box, talk about a security issue if you could - someone could browse to that box
vcb\s$\ and delete all your vm's....

VCB just needs access to do its "thing" ....

these are also important steps to run when setting up VCB>>

diskpart

automount disable

automount scrub

also think about it fully - the iscsi volume is formatted as VMFS, windows cannot read or understand what VMFS is, so you will not beable read data from that volume from a windows box...

-

www.virtualpimpin.com

-------------------- What the f* is the cloud?!